How To Eliminate Lifting-Related Pain Without Medications, Surgery, Or Skipping Your Workouts!
One day you’re out on your usual run, or you’re in the gym doing a set, and then all of a sudden you get hit with what feels like a lightning bolt of pain. You think to yourself “Oh man, this really hurts, but I’m sure it’ll feel better by tomorrow.”
You go to bed later that night, only to wake up the next morning, but the pain is still there. It continues to bug you for several weeks, and now you can barely lift without experiencing the pain.
Naturally, you go to the doctor’s office and they tell you to ice it and rest, and to stop weightlifting because it’s “bad for your body,” and they might even give you some anti-inflammatories and pain medication. Even though you don’t want to stop lifting, you do it because it’s what they recommended.
Eventually you start to feel a little better, so you feel like you’re ready to start training and lifting again. Unfortunately, once you start to get back into it, the pain suddenly starts again, and you’re left frustrated and unsure of what to do.
This is the vicious cycle that many people find themselves in.
You’re in a lot of pain so you see a healthcare provider and take their advice to rest it and stop training, and you start to feel better. Unfortunately, you may have lost some strength, muscle mass, conditioning, etc., and you haven’t done anything to truly resolve what’s going on in your body. Once it starts to feel better, you try to start weightlifting again, only for the pain to return, and the cycle starts all over again. This is something that so many of our clients have experienced before they have come to see us.
How Are We Different?
What our clients find is that when they come to see us, they actually get a customized plan that helps get them to feel better and stronger at the same time. Because of this, when their pain is resolved and they return to their normal training, they are able to do so without their pain coming back.
If You’re Currently Living With A Lifting Injury, Here are 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on its own – but it didn’t
- You went to the doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help you, and as soon as they wore off, the pain struck again
- A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets pain with weightlifting and that you’re just going to have to deal with it
- You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a physical therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing or made your pain worse
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your pain was so bad, but all that did was make you feel even more stiff and tight
- You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing and didn’t do anything to fix it long term
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with our weightlifting injury specialist to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Barbell Physical Therapy and Performance Help You Get Rid of Your Lifting Injury – In The Next Few Days?”
Here are just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions.
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and come up with a game plan to get you out of pain and back into the gym and doing all of the activities that you love.
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day.
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are not good for your health long-term.
- We can help you avoid surgery – and painful injections.
- We can help you keep out of the doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that pain has stolen from you.
- We can help you get back into the gym, lifting, and training with your friends like you used to love to do before your pain started to get in the way.
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from weight-lifting pain.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“I started working with Ryan about 6 months after I had surgery for a hip labral tear. After my surgery, I got physical therapy from another provider, but was still struggling to fix a hip hike that I was noticing during my squats. When I came to Ryan, he knew exactly what to do! After about 2 months of working together, I finally started to notice that my squat was becoming more even and my hip was able to get into deeper ranges of motion. I am so thankful to Ryan for his expertise and helping me to feel confident again with my lifting!”
“After a lot of trial and error attempting to rehab this issue on my own, I gave the team at Barbell a shot. I’ve followed Ryan on social media for a while, and several athletes I work out with gave Barbell the highest recommendation. Those recommendations were absolutely correct. I was impressed not only with their knowledge as practitioners, but also their knowledge as lifters, which is what I’ve been looking for.”